We offer ten residential places, accommodating a wide range of support needs.
Our practice is informed by our Camphill values, anthroposophy and social pedagogy.
- We support people to grow in confidence
- We empower people to take on new things
- We encourage true citizenship; to feel part of the wider community
- We talk regularly with people about environmental responsibility
- We offer structure so that people feel supported and less anxious
- We offer flexibility for personal expression and wishes
- We have regular community meetings; a chance to be heard and take responsibility
- We have a daily communal meal; an opportunity to socialise.
Care and Support
- We provide regular one to one time
- We support skill development
- We provide personal care
- We help people to look after themselves
- We discuss with people the importance of health and well being
- We talk regularly with people about the importance of healthy eating and exercise
- We support people to access doctors, dentists, opticians, podiatrists etc.
- We provide in house and out sourced training for our staff
- We cultivate mutual responsibility
- We develop essential like skills through sharing household tasks
- We help people to make informed choices
- We provide the safety net for positive risk taking
- We help people to achieve their goals one small but important step at a time
- We are always there for people
- We build relationships based on mutual respect
- We work on building relationships to develop trust to achieve more
- We support both independence and interdependence
- We celebrate individuality and strive for both staff and residents to feel equally enabled and involved
- We have individual support plans and risk assessments relevant to personal needs
- We support people with personal finances as suits the individual while also safeguarding their money
- We support people to go to a daily activity which is essential for self esteem, self worth and purpose
- We recognise the value of being able to identify with what one does: ‘I am a baker’.
Social, Cultural, Leisure
- We support people to visit their friends
- We support people to have friends visit
- We support people to go out (gym, cinema, church etc.)
- We support people to go on holiday
- We make sure there are enough staff
- We help people to navigate time with daily, weekly and seasonal rhythms of celebration and occasions to socialise
- We encourage people to get involved with events and feel responsible for planning, making/baking, purchasing etc.
- We provide opportunity for people to showcase their achievements